Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, personable, and detail-oriented Analyst Relations (AR) Manager to help drive its communications program. The AR Manager will create and drive strategy and tactics to effectively communicate key differentiators for AWS’s productivity applications and solutions such as Amazon WorkDocs, Amazon Chime, and Amazon Connect.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast growing field of cloud computing. Because of this, there are thousands of analysts worldwide who are trying to understand AWS to then help their clients realize the transformation potential of cloud computing for their business. Our role is to inform these analysts and explain how AWS is different from traditional IT infrastructure offerings, and to work with these analysts to understand core customer requirements and concerns.
The successful candidate will be creative and experienced in media/analyst relations/communications with a successful track record of executing communications programs for technology companies. The ideal candidate is an expert at writing and creating stories, can quickly understand technically deep topics, demonstrated success managing numerous Gartner Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves, and possesses a proven track-record of securing powerful coverage results. He/she must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges, and adjusting to sudden and frequent change.
This role is based in Seattle and will require periodic travel. Key Responsibilities:
· Partner with Communications Team Leadership to develop and execute analyst strategy for the productivity applications space
· Proactively and simultaneously manage multiple vendor ratings, and secure positive placement of AWS services in key reports such as Gartner Magic Quadrants and Forrester Waves
· Drive analyst awareness of AWS productivity offerings and significantly expand analyst understanding of the unique AWS approach to cloud computing
· Deliver on-going AR program activities such as analyst briefings, events, inquiries, reporting and other core program tactics
· Prioritize and manage incoming requests for information, research review, customer references, event speakers, and research
· Write presentations and prepare executives for engaging with analysts
· Driving alignment with sales, marketing and product engineering to maximize awareness of customer requirements, existing market evidence, and AR program impact