Amazon CloudWatch Events (CWE) is a cloud eventing and automation service that enables customers to track changes to their AWS resources with less overhead and greater efficiency. You can think of CWE as the central nervous system for customers’ AWS environment. It is integrated with all AWS services and becomes aware of operational changes as they happen. Then, it routes these events to various event processing destinations such as Lambda functions and Kinesis Streams to enable customers to respond to the environment changes in real time. Detecting changes from different cloud resources might sound deceptively simple, but not when you consider the massive volume of events flowing through our service. If your eyes light up when people talk about building high-performance, scalable distributed systems used by millions of applications around the world, then this might be the next great adventure in your career.
Our team is small and motivated. We are from start-ups and established software companies, from academia and industry. What we have in common is a tremendous curiosity, a passion for solving problems and a desire to build cool technology!
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead and define the technical direction, build exceptional teams and drive operation excellence of a massive scale (think multi-million transactions per second) distributed system.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hire and develop a team of highly talented engineers
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed project plans and schedules
- Own end-to-end product design and development
- Define and manage the roadmap for your services in consultation with our product management and engineering teams
- Interface with our customers to understand requirements set priorities and communicate direction and progress