Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design. The Role:
Everyone on our team needs to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more startup than big company. We’ll need to solve problems that span a broad range of domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, real-time and distributed systems.
As a Development Manager, you'll build an elite team of Development Engineers to define, drive and execute on this vision. You will initiate processes that allow the team to collaborate with partner teams in Amazon with a high degree of efficiency. You'll develop your team of highly motivated and talented individuals who can collaborate with Program Managers, Product Managers and SDEs across the company on high impact initiatives. You will design, build and own beautiful supply chain features and solutions that will delight our customers.
Responsibilities • You'll lead the overall development life cycle of the solutions and manage complex projects with significant bottom line impact.
• Work with our team's product managers to develop a strategy and road map to provide compelling supply chain capabilities.
• Cooperate with our senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
• Assure that your team's designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
• Project management - prioritize, plan projects and features, manage partners, and track external commitments.
• Monitor operation of production services to ensure Operational Excellence.
• Career management and fostering the development of your direct reports.