Help shape the future of listening! We’re looking for user-focused designers to shape effortless and memorable experiences to millions of users -- impacting their lives in a meaningful way.
Call it interaction design, product design, user experience – the goal is the same, and Audible’s culture is increasingly focused and driven by our dynamic UX team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- You are customer obsessed (you design with the customer in mind), and represent our users in every design, always keep the users at the heart of what you’re building.
- You understand why you designed something, and you can advocate for that in our team environment while collaborating with product managers and engineers.
- You believe in robust research and can adapt to the results – even if it means significant change to an original idea.
- You’re constantly exploring and evaluating the best design tools and processes.
- We’ll like working together if you’re open-minded, thoughtful, visionary and understand the importance of a solid design process … and you can help us build and evolve that across our multifaceted teams.
- We appreciate the ability to look at different ways to do things, to bring new ideas forward and advocate for the how and why.
This is a complex multi-product/device/market/platform/service challenge that is ideal for a UX thought leader that has the functional depth and breadth, the desire to build the best UX and the ambition to change people’s lives and provide the best possible content discovery, subscription and consumption experience. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build an awesome cross-disciplinary UX team that embraces creativity, rigor and data.
- Lead the definition and implementation of our UX approach and best practices.
- Drive a responsive design agenda, ensuring product experiences render seamlessly
- Appropriately balance need for efficiency and speed
- Be a key leader in driving, defining and executing the company’s innovation agenda
- Monitor relevant emerging trends and technologies,
- Ensure product experiences behave according to our brand values and promise.
- Establish design standards that reflect brand standards across the organization/territories.
- Drive UX quality across product/devices/territories.
- Build UX team delivery and collaborative processes. Deliver on-time and on-budget.
- Always care to build and maintain strong talent foundation across UX function
- Be a champion and evangelist for the UX discipline.
- Measure, iterate, and deliver delightful experiences.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills.
- Great at building consensus in cross-service design initiatives.