Do you want to reinvent one of life’s daily activities? Do you get excited by working in a high-growth and fast-paced environment? Amazon Kindle has reinvented reading. It is changing the way people consume digital media and continues to be one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems or a software developer who likes to solve business problems, this is the team for you.
Kindle Author Team is looking for smart Java/J2EE developers.
Our goal is simple. Bring together writers and readers, give them tools, and watch them succeed.
You will love this job if this sounds like you:
- You are a technically strong software engineer who takes pride in tackling the hardest technical challenges.
- You are passionate about building and owning critical infrastructure services that serve global customers every minute of the day.
- You excel at working in agile environments and collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry.
We have no shortage of bright ideas but we need your help to turn them into reality.
Here are some reasons you should come work with us:
- You will be building and owning highly distributed and scalable products and services.
- You will get the opportunity to work closely with a great team of software developers.
- You will understand what it takes to grow and operate a global business at our scale.
- You will understand our data-driven culture and how we make decisions that delight our customers.
You are the ideal candidate if you are equally comfortable writing code and defining technical architecture. You must have a deep understanding of scalable, distributed systems, service-oriented architectures, full-stack web development, and application design, as well as flexibility and a passion for learning new skills. You will be expected to work in a heterogeneous environment of different languages and technologies and bring flexibility, speed, and quality to our team. The successful candidate will thrive in a culture of experimentation and innovation, but also have a proven track record of delivering results to solve challenging problems.
Please contact us if this sounds like you:
You are extremely technical and have significant experience developing scalable web applications, with a penchant for building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity.
You have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile, and open team environment.
You build the right product for your customers and pride yourself on delivering products on-time against deadlines.