DynamoDB is synonymous with NoSQL. It has been at the heart of the NoSQL revolution, powering the experiences delivered by Amazon.com and many other companies that have become an indispensable part of modern life. We are the store of choice for authoritative, highly durable, highly available, low-latency data and as such are a foundational tier zero service for Amazon and the many customers who have built their services on top of DynamoDB.
DynamoDB is looking for a Data Engineer who would help propel DynamoDB to new levels of profitability while safeguarding customer data as a top priority. As a Data Engineer on the DynamoDB team, your initial focus will be on fleet optimization and auto-healing. We have tens of thousands of nodes in our fleet and the number grows every day. These nodes host a myriad of customers, with millions of tables and partitions, all requiring various capabilities and constraints. In order to increase the business's profitability we want to get to the next level of insight and optimization of our fleet utilization. We also need to decide how to evolve the fleet over time in terms of the hardware that we select and our hardware acquisition pace.
We have barely scratched the surface in terms of the techniques that we employ to maximize fleet utilization or characterizing the risks that are involved in that. This is fertile ground for an innovative and action-oriented Data Engineer who’d like to make a significant contribution to the financial bottom line of a foundational AWS service. If you’re up for the challenge – come and join our team!
This position within the DynamoDB Services team represents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep big data processing expertise and coupled with strong code development skills, good business judgment, an ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to coach others, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.
· Lead the design, implementation, and continuous delivery of an insights data pipeline supporting the development and operation of DynamoDB service.
· Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
· Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
· Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
· Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
· Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.