The International Technology organization owns the discovery and delivery of Amazon’s cutting-edge engineering to customers across the world. We do this through partnerships with other Amazon technical teams, providing them with tools, resources and a platform to make their global approach easy. Our work spans the technology stack from front-end customer experience to back-end service technology.
Amazon’s Internationalization (I18N) Platform team is making it easier for groups across Amazon to bring their products and features to a global audience. The work we do reduces the effort and enables other teams to more efficiently internationalize their products. This is a problem space that is not unique to Amazon, but one in which we are taking a unique approach to solving.
In this role you will be scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. You will have the opportunity to work directly with dozens of core platform and customer-facing teams, internationalization gurus, and business leaders across Amazon as you develop the platform that will have a direct impact on hundreds of teams, and millions of customers.
In this role, you will become a subject-matter expert for internationalization, and asked to provide guidance and direction to developers across Amazon on how to properly globalize their products and features collecting business and system requirements from internal customers, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and leading the production launch.
- You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal development and business teams.
- You will anticipate and make appropriate trade-offs, balancing business needs with technical constraints to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
- You will possess a strong program management background, demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies.
- You are able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or prioritization issues. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- You will demonstrate the ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.