We are a team working on audio, speech and language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon¹s products and services, like Amazon Echo, Alexa (the voice service that powers Echo), Amazon Fire TV and Amazon Dash. Our mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR), natural language understanding (NLU), and audio signal processing in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers.
As a Manager of UX Design on Alexa, you will lead, define and drive spoken language and multimodal interfaces for Amazon. You and your team will be responsible for developing best-in-class consumer experiences (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, agile, startup-like environment. You will also work closely with engineering, product management, industrial design, marketing, and company leaders to successfully go from early stage concepts to launch. This position requires a pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solution. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease conceptualizing spoken and multimodal experiences in the abstract and driving that vision into solid design deliverables.
We are looking for a design leader who can:
- Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the voice user experience; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
- Inspire and mentor others on the User Experience team
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications
- Initiate and manage user experience research and testing processes
- Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX optimization efforts
- Drive the development and communication of voice design guidelines and patterns
- Oversee close coordination with the product management team to develop a shared vision and then lead a process to define the experience and design to deliver on the product’s objectives
- Partner with the technology team to ensure we leverage the scale offered by our platform without compromising on core experiential principles
- Work strategically with other executives and team members across the organization
- Partner with others in the broader design community to develop and extend the experience across the array of offerings