Senior Operations Manager (L7)
Central Operations refers to a new approach in Prime Now to define a scalable solution to run the increasingly complex and growing delivery network. Central Operations is a key strategic initiative with a vision to transform the way Prime Now executes last mile delivery. We are looking for an entrepreneurial person with ability to dive deep and thrive in ambiguous situations to lead this initiative. The role will provide opportunities to think big, develop original ideas, and partner with fulfillment centers, Amazon Flex and business expansion teams to create a new delivery ecosystem that scales with the Prime Now businesses. The Central Operations initiative will focus first on assuming responsibility of Prime Now and other Global Specialty Fulfillment delivery operations. Central Operations will also explore how to consolidate and simplify network pain points upstream of the delivery operation, such as streamlining the delivery and FC labor planning processes. Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Operations and Area Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the organization. Responsibilities
· Drives process design from scratch, creates quality initiatives, and other improvements to enable their functional area and ultimately the Central Operations to meet and exceed the business plan.
· Leader of the team that will create and execute standard practices that will be used to run the Central Operations nodes across Prime Now.
· Responsible for the overall delivery quality, cost, and customer experience for up to 12 Prime Now FCs and/or up to 50% of network Restaurant delivery operations.
· Will set and clarify requirements and expectations for Operations and Area Managers.
· Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Ops Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
· Leverages the Operations and Area Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area.
· Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across central operations shifts and all nodes in the network.
· Works closely with support staff (HR, Finance, Business Partners, IT and other Prime Now Leaders) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives.