Are you the kind of person who thrives in an environment where you have to be inventive every day because no one has done what you’re doing? Do you have a knack for creating high quality marketing deliverables that crisply convey value propositions and a successful track record of defining and executing go-to-market (GTM) campaigns in a technology market? Interested in Alexa—the brain behind Amazon Echo—and the future of voice-powered connected devices? Come work on it! Bring your marketing creativity and passion for technology to the Alexa Voice Service (AVS) Partner Marketing team and help our third party partners bring to market products and services with Alexa functionality that delight customers.
The AVS Partner Marketing team is looking for an experienced, creative, strategic thinker to join our team as Principal Marketing Manager
. In this role you will be challenged to innovate and pioneer customer marketing approaches as you 1) help our third party partners bring to market great devices and services, 2) help drive customer conversion and adoption of Alexa on those devices and 3) define a scalable strategy for executing joint-marketing programs and campaigns to and through our third party partners. This role will be critical as the AVS team works with third party companies to build Alexa functionality into their products and services. You will bring your enthusiasm and talent for creating innovative go-to-market programs to this role and be on the forefront of the evolution of “voice-first” interaction with devices and applications.
The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial spirit, and a successful track record in partner marketing, marketing communication, product marketing and/or solution marketing with direct experience driving joint-marketing plans with major brand partners. The ideal candidate has demonstrated the ability to drive traffic and new customer acquisition for newly-introduced consumer products. The ideal candidate has used data-driven insights to develop rock solid business cases and successfully influence others.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
ABOUT ALEXA AND THE ALEXA VOICE SERVICE
- Collaborate with partners to jointly define, develop, execute and analyze high-impact go-to-market campaigns including timelines, channels, merchandising, promotion, customer value prop/messaging, campaign goals and campaign measurement.
- Work closely with AVS BD and AVS Product Management to identify and prioritize leading third party partners we should focus on for execution of co-marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with AVS BD, Alexa PR, AVS Product Management, UX, Brand, Amazon Legal, Category Leads, Retail teams and other Amazon stakeholders to ensure internal cross-functional alignment.
- Develop a deep understanding of the drivers of purchase behavior (acquisition), customer activation (engagement) and habitual usage of Alexa (retention) and translate those insights into innovative go-to-market programs, campaigns and promotions.
- Represent Amazon when meeting with senior executive teams of key partners as well as establishing and building a strong, collaborative relationships with partners through the go-to-market and customer activation lifecycle.
- Establish a body of partner testimonials, case studies and success stories that be shared and highlighted through digital channels and key partner events.
- Own cadence and process for ongoing measurement of co-marketing activities, definition of critical success metrics and measurement methods as well as reporting to leadership and key stakeholders.
- Manage engagement with external agencies including drafting campaign briefs, overseeing creative development, and all other aspects of the process including cost negotiations, schedule management, approvals, research and analysis.
- Report weekly on our success metrics including performance of launch, acquisition and retention campaigns in weekly business reviews.
- Manage co-marketing budget including forecasting and reporting on a monthly basis.
Alexa is the brain behind Echo, the Amazon device designed around your voice that answers your questions, plays your music, reads the news you care about, checks sports scores or the weather, and much more—instantly. Just ask! The vision for Alexa is to build the Star Trek computer in the cloud and enable customers to access it from a range of devices. The Alexa Voice Service is the set of APIs and services that allows device makers and application developers to add intelligent voice control for Alexa’s growing list of capabilities to any connected product that has a microphone and speaker.
You’ve read this far and you’re excited about the possibilities…now let us hear from you!