Global Alliance Manager – Management Consulting & Advisory Partners
Would you like to own the relationships with the key firms in the Management Consulting and Advisory community, influencing decision making towards utilizing Amazon Web Services as the basis for their clients’ technology and drive industry innovation? Do you have the business savvy, the technical insight, and the background necessary to mesh with the C-Level and Management Consulting Community and to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a business development manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the strategic advisory community. Your responsibilities will include identifying appropriate influence partners to target, driving the necessary business, strategic and technical relationships with the firm and their client base to establish new business in those accounts, and working closely with the AWS sales team to drive the day-to-day interactions with the enterprise customers in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with these partners to build innovative industry solutions driving transformational change in business today. Finally, you will leverage your relationships within the C-Suite to become a trusted advisor and earn a seat at the strategic table in marquee enterprise customers to drive innovation, design wins and influence.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy
- Identify key Management Consulting and Advisory Partners/Influence Partners with key enterprise company clients that have technology needs, and drive engagement with those partners/customers
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, partners, marketing, support, etc.)
- Work closely with the Influence Partners and their Enterprise Customers as the partners build practices around AWS. Influence how they position AWS for large deals
- Drive Innovation within industry verticals with key influence partners – bringing customers and advisory firms together from idea to market solutions.
- Understand and actively utilize salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to establishing new Partner engagements and solutions
- Serve as an executive advisor to key Enterprise customers driving innovative design wins and industry solutions – driving AWS influence in the marketplace
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market