· Strong Linux system administrator skills
· Strong skills in one or more of following database engines:
o Amazon Redshift
o Amazon Aurora
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – customers contact us via calls, chats, and email.
· Customer service experience / strong customer focus
· Strong multi-tasking skill
· Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
· Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
- Open to working one weekend day (Tues-Sat or Sun-Thurs). Support engineers working a weekend day typically from home that day.
- Strong customer focus
- Comfortable in an ambiguous, ever changing environment.
· Database troubleshooting and performance tuning
· Experienced setting up monitoring / alarming for production DB environments
· Database migration and ETL experience
· Experience with NoSQL technologies like DynamoDB , Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra or Riak
· Experienced with linux system monitoring and analysis
· Good understanding of distributed computing environments
· Experience with query analyzers and query tuning / slow query optimization etc.
· Exposure to Virtualization (VMware, Xen, Hypervisor)
· Prior working experience with AWS - any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, EMR
· Exposure to security concepts / best practices
· Expertise with Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, netcat, and other network monitoring / troubleshooting tools
· Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications What if I’m not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
That’s okay. That’s our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.