The Infrastructure Supply Chain and Procurement (ISCaP) organization owns the supply chain and logistics activities that helps deliver mission critical facilities to support AWS expansion and growth. The Power and Cooling (PAC) Supply Chain Operations (SCOPS) Team within ISCaP consists of hard-working, highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who support the core infrastructure of Amazon's business. If you want to be a part of a team that has a daily impact on company success, this is a great opportunity for you.
As a member of PAC-SCOPS and in this role you will manage the supply chain for one or more of the categories that reside within the Power and Cooling Equipment space supporting AWS datacenter build projects. This role's primary responsibility is to maintain unconstrained supply for the responsible categories. You will be responsible and accountable for a supplier's production and delivery, making sure that the right equipment arrives at the right place at the right time. You will ensure that the team has a current view of our supplier's capacity, inventory, lead times, shipping, and delivery details. You will work with our internal customers and business partners to understand demand signals and drive the appropriate supply strategies while digging deep into the supply chain using data to continuously improve supply flexibility.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, and a creative, critical thinker with an intense curiosity and learning drive. You must be an effective negotiator, leader, and communicator, be able to work independently and generate high-quality work product against aggressive deadlines in a collaborative, creative, ever-changing and ambiguous environment. You must have a professional demeanor and be able to communicate appropriately and effectively with people at every level, from technicians to senior management. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and manage supply chain strategies
- Participate and provide input on behalf of PAC in managing the strategic aspects of large, complex, cross-functional projects
- Develop and maintain supplier capacity modeling
- Understand demand inputs and position supply to support unconstrained growth
- Engage with global supply chain counterparts to drive leading supply chain practices and initiatives
- Develop reports to deliver information to business partners and stakeholders that support improved decision making
- Manage supplier lead times and drive them to exceed or meet AWS business requirements