Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and esports of today, will continue to a future where games are a global cultural touchstone that cuts across age, gender and nationality. Amazon is already one of the leading technology providers for game developers, but we are just getting started.
Amazon is seeking a Head of Community who is passionate about helping game developers succeed. You will be responsible for developing and executing the community strategy for Amazon’s tools and services for game engineers. You will hire and lead a team of world-class professionals to help manage all aspects of community development and relations. You will work with a variety of teams to define and grow the business including AWS, Amazon Game Studios, and Twitch.
You will completely own and drive the strategy and execution for community development. These include owning our educational content, developer incentives, websites, forums, GitHub projects, webinars, and conferences. In this role, you will collaborate with diverse members of the team, including engineers, artists, marketing, business development, and account managers. You’ll be an evangelist and specialist in our core technologies, so you can answer questions and represent our functionality to prospective customers. At the same time, you’ll be an advocate for our customers, bringing their issues forward to be discussed and resolved at the product and business planning levels. You’ll embody the voice of our customers internally within Amazon.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a relentless creative problem solver, comfortable with troubleshooting, inventing, and documenting workflows. At Amazon, we value customer feedback above all and in this role you will truly have the opportunity to be the champion for our customers.
This position’s responsibilities include:
· Develop strategies and implement programs that result in attracting every game engineer to participate in our AWS and Lumberyard communities in some way.
· Create and maintain programs that educate and inspire developers to engage more deeply with our products.
· Moderate our community channels, acknowledging and responding to feedback or escalating issues to various internal teams as needed.
· Design improvements based on insights gained from community interaction.
· Help external and internal communities to build an ecosystem of tools around AWS and Lumberyard.
· Work with the development teams to define, track, and meet customer engagement goals.
· Champion great customer experiences.