Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtual infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Businesses, from start-ups to enterprises, run their operations and applications on AWS’s multi-tenant infrastructure. Governmental organizations are also looking to and depending on AWS for cloud solutions and services.
World Wide Public Sector team is looking for an exceptional Program Security Manager, Technical Business Development to lead security operations for our fast growing U.S. National Security Program Office. The program office (PMO) team is responsible for managing multiple concurrent region expansion work packages, expansion task orders, maintaining the program’s integrated master schedule, risk mitigation strategies, and quality assurance and IV&V functions.
This position is based in the Herndon, VA/Washington Metro Area (WMA). You will join, lead, and continue building a cadre of program management and technical business development professionals responsible for customer facing pursuit and oversight of US Government contract requirements, milestones, and deliverables.
As Public Sector’s NatSec program security manager, your program team is responsible for all customer facing security performance and contract related customer relationship management, adherence and delivery of security operations, tracking and reporting key performance indicators, coordinating and communicating customer needs among AWS service owners, and maintaining a positive customer experience overall.
As a Program Security Manager, Technical Business Developer, you will spend a significant portion of your time partnering with Amazon technical business leaders, hardware and software engineering leaders, and technical program managers. You will also routinely meet with senior government executives engaged in strategic planning efforts to enable Amazon to follow the mission, add new, manage and grow existing region capacity, services offered, and locations.
You will work with senior government executives to develop broad roadmaps and capacity plans that justify and clear the way for AWS to deliver infrastructure capacity timed and placed to meet our customer’s mission requirements.
You are an essential business partner to the WWPS NatSec and Defense sales leadership team. You are accountable to on-contract NatSec customers to ensure region services and infrastructure capacities are delivered ahead of demand in accordance with customer facing contractual commitments. You are an essential partner to AWS internal service operations teams and AWS internal service business owners who deploy and operate services within our NatSec and DoD regions. These service owners maintain their own respective service roadmaps, capacity plans, and are responsible for building and operating regions and infrastructure service capacities ahead of demand.
The role requires broad security subject matter expertise in public sector enterprise IT infrastructure delivery programs. You must be able to demonstrate your ability to develop long term plans while delivering tactically through specific past performance examples. The successful candidate will possess subject matter expertise in technical program management, technical business development, and working at the senior executive level with government enterprise customers and within AWS to build trust and deliver results.
In this role you will work hard, have fun, and change the world. Core Responsibilities:
- Working across AWS teams and within your PMO staff, you will develop, implement and maintain sound security program management practices to inform internal and external stakeholders, identify, track and manage high level schedule dependencies, identify, track, and manage risk, and ensure the PMO continues its legacy of exemplary program performance.
- Develop relationships and earn trust among AWS service team owners, and infrastructure delivery teams.
- Develop relationships and earn trust among senior executives within the US Defense and Intelligence communities.
- Think Bigger while working backward from the customer’s mission needs to inform and develop supporting business cases, acquisition strategies, implementation roadmaps, and technical plans to expand and deliver infrastructure services among restricted access communities of interest.
- Hire and develop the best program office staff to ensure AWS continues to delight our customers and deliver on all aspects of our contractual commitments.
- Participate in customer facing and AWS internal long lead infrastructure expansion plans, capacity requirements, and community wide utilization forecasts.