Do you like Alexa? Do you have a passion for cars? Do you love bleeding edge technology? Alexa Automotive is looking for exceptional product managers to work on enabling Alexa – the voice controlled personal assistant behind Amazon Echo – in automobiles. The team seeks to provide seamless experiences for customers with Alexa in the car.
The Alexa Voice Service (AVS) team is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Senior Product Manager who will help define requirements and drive the execution of new capabilities, tools, documentation and partnerships to enable third party developers to build world-class, innovative experiences for Amazon Alexa.
You will need to understand customer requirements and be responsible for driving and synthesizing these into new product features and roadmaps. In this role you will work directly with third party developers to understand their needs and aspirations. You will create business requirements documents and work with development teams to scope, plan and build new APIs, tools and documentation.
A successful candidate will have a passion for building and simplifying technical solutions and the entrepreneurial grit to get things done!
- Write product/marketing requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams
- Contribute to the overall product roadmap, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs against developer experience, customer experience, and time to market
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Establish business processes and policies as well as metrics and indicators for success
- Measure and analyze existing products and business models for opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to developers and customers
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Is strongly oriented towards results
- Thinks big