Dangerous Goods Classification and Policy Risk Manager-Trans
The DG Classification and Policy Risk Manager is responsible for ensuring the WW Dangerous Goods Inventory Classification and proper handling throughout the supply chain. As a member of the Dangerous Goods team, you will be responsible to ensure dangerous goods products are stored and shipped in accordance with local, state, federal, and international regulations WW.
The successful candidate will work closely with Amazon Dangerous Goods local teams, Legal, Technology Development Teams, Retail, FBA and Compliance Operations teams.
The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon’s business, its platform, relevant technologies, and Regulatory requirements. This is an exciting and challenging position that provides Dangerous Goods support for our Amazon Fulfillment Network of vendors and sellers. This position will develop global program, solutions and processes, and support ongoing operations of the WW Dangerous Goods program in our rapidly growing and evolving business.
- Ensure that regulatory requirements are met for existing and new products
- Leverage technology to manage compliance processes
- Identify patterns in data and craft pointed search terms to find specified products
- Create and monitor business metrics to track compliance and process effectiveness
- Drive scalable business solutions which ensure compliance with consumer product regulations
- Continuously identify and communicate improvement opportunities
- Develop best-in-class processes and systems while driving continual improvements
- Own relationship with remote teams ensuring work accuracy, timeliness, and program improvements
The successful candidate possesses a keen eye for detail and quality, works well with ambiguity, has strong curiosity and desire to learn, and is a determined self-starter who excels with decision making and follow through.