Global Alliance Manager – Technology Partnerships
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate to manage an elite portfolio of strategic AWS technology partners. Your job will be to use these strategic partners to help deliver on AWS’ strategy to drive enterprise adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform, which includes Amazon S3, Amazon EC2, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS and many more cloud services.
Responsibilities will include driving C-level and field relationships with Oil and Gas Technology Alliance Partners and with the AWS sales field, and executing joint GTM plans globally. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to manage joint GTM efforts and to easily interact with alliance partnerships focused on end user computing enterprise customers. This person should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, as well as build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen and deep familiarity with cloud and datacenter infrastructure technologies.
Position can located in Houston, Denver or Texas. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
- Serve as a key member of the AWS alliance team in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy.
- Engage each partner’s field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
- Ensure that there is a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction. This includes the creation of detailed account plans to track partner progress and achievement to goals.
- Set and manage revenue targets and work with your team, each partner and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
- Create and execute the team's business plan with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify joint customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Ensure that AWS sales field and partner business managers work closely with each partner’s customer base to maximize success using our web services.
- Ensure that AWS is each partner’s preferred public cloud computing platform across all partner product lines.
- Understand the technical requirements of each partner and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Have working experience with CRM systems, data warehousing and other analytic tools to establish detailed metrics for tracking purposes.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
- Manage complex negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- Create and execute operational rigor including territory management, account management, segment plans, and business reviews (internal/external).