Hungry? Ordering food just got easier with the introduction of Amazon Restaurants! One of Amazon’s latest innovations, Amazon Restaurants enables customers to order meals from top rated restaurants in their area. Following the product debut in our launch market, Amazon Restaurants will rapidly expand in regions across the US offering Amazon customers increased selection and convenience. The Amazon Restaurants business offers an entrepreneurial environment where innovating independently, launching quickly, and having fun are paramount. Come cook-up something great with us!
We are currently hiring a seasoned Software Development Manager to lead a team of exceptional engineers who are innovating in the Food delivery space. You will own and develop highly scalable backend services to provide critical functions that enable food ordering and delivery. You will be at the forefront of innovation building and influencing Amazon’s entry into the restaurant industry. You will own and drive the technical strategy for bringing the functionality of food ordering and delivery onto Amazon’s core platform systems.
You will have a strong software engineering background, an established track record of building and delivering large-scale consumer facing applications while working in a fast pace Agile/Scrum environment. Additionally, you will demonstrate: a strong ability to innovate, passion for building consumer facing applications, excellent operational focus, strong technical judgment, excellent communication skills, passion for building and developing a team of engineers and a strong self-driven focus to deliver results in a fast paced environment.
- Lead a talented team of engineers to build and deliver consumer highly scalable backend systems that increase driver utilization, drive down delivery costs and improve the overall delivery experience.
- Partner with business product owners as well as senior engineering leaders and engineers to create a vision and roadmap for the team
- Collaborate with engineering teams within Amazon Restaurants and across Amazon to build on top of and influence Amazon’s last mile delivery platform
- Be a hands-on leader managing projects and day to day activities of the team in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Defining performance and availability metrics to measure and meet high operational standards for the services
- Hiring, mentoring and developing engineers and leaders in the organization