Amazon seeks a Senior Tax Analyst to be a member of our Global Tax Calculation Services Program. The Global Tax Calculation Services Program is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global transaction tax calculation solutions (communication taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes) to Amazon and thousands of other merchants selling on Amazon.in and Amazon Business marketplaces and other e-commerce platforms.
Primary job duties include:
- Configuration and ongoing maintenance of Amazon's transaction tax calculation software;
- Researching transaction tax laws to create and maintain the tax rules (e.g. product taxability) within the transaction tax calculation software;
- Actively participating in projects throughout their lifecycle – from design through delivery – with an emphasis on testing to ensure that projects conform to the business requirements and rules;
- Communicating with merchants, customers, and Customer Service regarding the calculation of transaction taxes;
- Providing subject matter expertise to various business and IT organizations to include Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, and various product groups.