Amazon Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows and is now available in more than 200 countries. Amazon is seeking a content leader to lead the content acquisition team for the Amazon Video team. The role will have responsibility for creating our content licensing strategy, building a team to execute it, working with AV global content teams to contribute to global licensing deals and managing our top content provider relationships. The role will also work with the AV teams in international locales and leverage their learnings/expertise. The content team owns negotiating deals, rigorously evaluating alternate deal structures, anticipating issues and efficiently communicating status and tradeoffs with the rest of the internal team including legal, finance and consumer insight development, production and legal.
The individual in this role will have experience in building a content strategy, putting together large complex and long-term content deals, working with international and local studios and will have a wide understanding of the global content market.
Help create the future of digital entertainment with Amazon. The role’s responsibilities include:
- Create, own and execute on Amazon video’s long-term content strategy
- Build a plan to have the most compelling content for Amazon customers based on research, competitor benchmarking; at the same time optimizing licensing spend on several metrics
- Build a content acquisition pipeline for different genres of content – Entertainment, movies, kids across different languages
- Conceptualize content opportunities and partnerships with studios, TV broadcasters and content owners/aggregators
- Own plans, financial metrics and operational metrics; present them to AV leadership globally
- Build and manage relationships with senior-level leaders at content providers