Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. This role will focus on supporting gaming customers looking to launch console, mobile, and MMO games on AWS.
Your broad responsibilities include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects. You should be as comfortable discussing complex technical details with a room full of engineers as you are briefing an executive audience. In addition, you will engage with other AWS service teams, solutions architects, partner and professional services organizations to drive large and highly complex sales opportunities to closure.
You will partner with gaming customers, AWS Sales, and AWS service teams to craft highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures for games ranging from mobile asynchronous games to real-time multiplayer console titles. You will evangelize AWS with gaming customers and help drive revenue growth across a broad set of gaming use cases. As a trusted customer advocate, the gaming solutions architect will create best practices around cloud-based game server solutions, from mobile to console to MMO. The ability to connect technology with game developer value is critical to the solutions architect role.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact.
Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of gaming customers ranging from indie startups to the biggest console publishers.
Have a strong understanding of large scale computing solutions.The ideal candidate will have past experience working as an architect, systems engineer, or support engineer. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions.
- Ensure developer success in building and launching game servers on the AWS platform
- Educate gaming customers of all sizes on the value proposition of AWS and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to gaming customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support