Would you like to engage directly with C-level executives, IT professionals and influencers at all levels to help assess and understand the business value, ROI and financial benefits of running workloads on AWS? Can you take complex IT workloads and cost models scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, that are easy for sales managers and reps to understand and apply? Are you good at defining and quantifying business value, benefits and migration costs of improved processes and tooling? Do you have the business background, sales experience, analytical skills and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in cloud computing?
As a Cloud Economics Business Development Manager (BDM) - Americas you will help AWS customers and prospective customers shape their information technology strategies and business models to quantify the benefits of running workloads on AWS. To do this, you will work with senior executives at AWS and our customers to frame the economic benefit of their cloud adoption strategy. You will communicate the economic value proposition for AWS to a broad audience of senior Financial customer executives (CFO). You will work with AWS Sales management to help the broad AWS Americas field organization understand how to build the increased business value of AWS into their account plans and sales strategy. You will serve as focal point for all business value, TCO, ROI, business case and financial discussions with our customers.
Your responsibilities will include driving business case, value analysis and ROI related BD activities within AWS, supporting the Americas Sales organization, Marketing, BD and products teams on ROI/economic related customer engagements. You will serve as an expert resource on the financial modeling of IT applications and infrastructures. You will enagage directly with our customer's CFOs and their organization to understand the impact of cloud on the business case and funding decisions. In appropriate cases you will bring in other AWS resources as necessary to help our customers properly evaluate their IT options from an economic perspective.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of the enterprise. The candidate will have the technical depth, business experience and financial understanding to easily communicate the economic benefits of cloud computing to C-Level executives. The candidate will have familiarity with the sales process, and how injecting business value and economic discussions can help drive/accelerate the sales cycle. The candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, with quantifying and developing business cases to justify large scale technology investments, including creating detailed cost models for these environments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS Sales engagements with our customers regarding the economics of their IT infrastructure.
- Work with AWS Sales, Solutions Architects and BD teams to drive proactive of business value and financial conversations with our customers
- Serve as a central resource for the Americas Sales team to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models for their current and future IT landscape.
- Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using AWS relative to deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers
- Work with internal stakeholders to communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT applications and infrastructures in the cloud.
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior Sales and BD management teams regarding progress and roadblocks on cloud economics related issues