Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT) - Emerging Technology team powers software for several areas of the physical engine at the heart of Amazon. AFT builds and operates software, hardware, and processes that run the global network of fulfillment centers that deal with billions of products in the inventory and ensure that customers get what they want when we promise we will get it to them.
Within AFT, the Product Safety and recalls technical team is investing on improving the accuracy and efficiency of existing technical capabilities as well as build new capabilities to proactively identify and action on unsafe products.
We are expanding our team in Seattle to develop software applying Machine Learning, Advanced Algorithms, Real-Time Data processing using large scale distributed systems. We use OO programming languages, Hadoop, Elastic Map Reduce, DynamoDB and other AWS technologies to build solutions that that solve our challenges ranging from scaling for massive Amazon order volume to ultra fast order fulfillment.
What you’ll do?
- Create solutions to enable products selection that are compliant across different countries, have direct impact to safety of the customers and associates.
- Design, and develop software services that interacts with Machine Learning and FC Operations technologies
- Deliver project items on-time / in-spec, communicating clearly with leads, manager and stakeholders
- Contribute to software and database architecture / design
- Contribute to architecture / design conversations and code reviews (yours and other team members’)
- Work with managers and team members to estimate effort and clarify / negotiate / document scope and design
- Contribute to design, architecture, process and development standards
- Effectively mentor more junior team members, helping to maintain appropriate unit test coverage, code documentation, software structure and support
- Distill and communicate technical concepts to more junior developers and stakeholders
- Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction and diplomacy
- Identify, evaluate and suggest mitigation strategies for risks during design
- Design and implement features for new and existing products, features, APIs, platforms and frameworks