The Infrastructure, Supply Chain, and Procurement (ISCaP) team within Amazon Web Services (AWS) is responsible for sourcing and delivery of all AWS hardware to ensure that Amazon customers have the right capacity, at the right time, at the lowest cost. We are a team of hard-working, highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who support the core infrastructure of Amazon business. If you want to be a part of a team that has a daily impact on company success, this is a great opportunity for you.
We are looking for a results-oriented individual to work support ISCaP sourcing requirements for mission critical equipment and manufacturing for AWS data centers.
Our AWS procurement team is looking for a results-oriented individual to assume responsibility for sourcing capital equipment related to our growing Infrastructure. Our Category Sourcing Managers are responsible for developing sourcing strategies and clear action plans to drive the lowest total cost of ownership fueling the exponential growth across our Data Centers as we meet and exceed customer demand. In this role you will lead internal engagements across supply chain, engineering and business organizations while diving deep into the technologies and operations both from a product and supply chain perspective. You will analyze trends involving the industry players – vendors, customers, and technology to develop strategies to reduce cost, minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and exploit emerging opportunities allowing AWS to meet and exceed its goals. Responsibilities include:
- Create and execute strategic sourcing projects that will support the teams’ development of an end-to-end sourcing plan globally.
- Influence suppliers' manufacturing processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations by leveraging the growth of Amazon's spend
- Negotiate and implement supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions
- Analyze and determine cost reduction opportunities by leveraging volumes, optimizing the supplier base and reducing total cost of ownership.
- Analysis and understanding of data to create accurate forecasting.
- Adaptive to a fast paced, constantly changing environment.
- Lead sourcing engagements and competitive bidding (RFI, RFQ, and RFP).
- Working with our team and business partners to drive the creation and continuous improvement of the ISCaP supply chain.
- Track internal metrics for executing projects and sourcing plans.
- Make optimal tradeoffs between schedule, resources, and scope, and apply advanced technical and business knowledge to address major risks, challenges, and obstacles.
- Help develop long-term department strategies and significantly influences the cross-company project development and delivery processes and standards.
- Keys to success in this role include sound judgment and excellent written/verbal communication skills. The candidate should be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions