Imagine building platforms that enables Amazon to offer lowest price and earth’s biggest selection to customers. Would you like to be part of a team that accelerates India first global innovation on customer discounts and enables marketplace competitiveness? We are seeking Senior Software Development Engineers excited by the opportunity to work with multiple Amazon platforms and leverage data science to experiment bold new initiatives.
As a technical member of the engineering team based out of Seattle, you'll play a key role in the evolution of the platform to solve the most complex technical challenges in large-scale computing, distributed systems and web applications. The platforms you build will power global marketplaces of tomorrow.
As a seasoned software engineer on the team you will be instrumental in setting the technical direction of this strategic initiative, help with mentoring other members on the team and design solutions that integrate with critical Amazon services. This is a multi-year strategic initiative with direct impact on a multi-billion dollar business in Amazon’s fastest growing e-commerce marketplace.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to better understand how Amazon fosters customer trust and competes globally? Does the challenge of applying state-of-the-art computer science to define/design/build tools powered by large scale systems that solve real-world problems interest you? Do you have a passion for taking complex business inputs and processes and designing best-in-class workflows and interfaces which deliver simple, seamless user experiences? To meet these challenges, our team is looking for passionate and innovative software development engineers with a blend of technical, analytical and design skills. You will work with other software engineers, project managers, product managers and cross-functional teams to help build out the next generation platform for Amazon.
- Design, implementation, and deployment of applications and services that impact the business with an emphasis on Payments, Customer Account Management, Merchant platform and e-Commerce website development.
- Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, enterprise system architecture, and engineering best practices.
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Work extensively with cross-functional teams across Amazon’s website, ecommerce and fulfillment platform on the design and development of core platform functionality
- Work with the business team and project managers to convert functional requirements into detailed technical specifications.
- Work with engineers both onsite and offsite to define technical tasks and build detailed implementation plans.
- Participate in and provide design inputs towards the Platform initiative for streamlining international expansions.
The ideal candidate will be a leader, builder and operator. He/she should be able to operate in a very fast paced environment where time to hit market is super critical. The leader needs to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.