AWS is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Spotify, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced candidate to build, own and manage the OEM IoT Partner business including building out a Certification partner program and overall strategy for our top hardware, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) partners and device makers focused on physical devices for the IoT space. We are seeking an overall leader for our partner program focused on device and chip manufacturers with supporting ISVs who has experience building out OEM and certification programs that cover both hardware and software integration including chip, mobile and web applications.
As a senior leader on the partner ecosystem team, you will have the opportunity to dramatically accelerate adoption of AWS by owning the partner strategy and execution of our device and chip manufactures. This role has a global responsibility and will work closely with AWS product teams, partner development managers, solution architects, professional services, and our sales teams. AWS customers are developing some of the most exciting and innovative IoT and networking solutions, and the AWS Partner Network (APN) ecosystem is helping to dramatically accelerate innovation on the AWS Cloud.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in building and managing hardware, software and device certification programs that integrate hardware and web services, along with strong business development, strategic alliances, and entrepreneurial skills. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling, and technical challenges to help build and convey compelling value propositions for AWS customers with our partners. The candidate should also have a proven track record of influencing innovation through a partner ecosystem with prior solution and program successes. Responsibilities
- Build and execute the AWS partner OEM plan for IoT
- Develop a compliance and certification program for partner hardware/software solutions (embedded processors, edge devices, routers, etc.) that include architectural review, review of properly integrating various communication technologies, operating systems, security, cloud services and mobile and web applications
- Establish an overall partner program that includes enablement kits, partner benefits, device testing and management, as well as incorporates Go-To-Market (GTM) opportunities for AWS hardware partners
- Work with our IoT Ecosystem Leader, Sales and BD teams to prioritize partner solutions based on customer demand and input
- Role will require close interaction with leading silicon, networking and communications, and gateway companies worldwide, internal AWS Service teams, operating systems companies and external test labs
- Qualified candidate will be responsible for managing the build-out of test strategies and processes and will work with third parties to automate and execute various test and test case scripts using the test framework and guidelines defined.
- Create, maintain, and execute test plans and test cases in partnership with our Solution Architecture team. Analyze and report results, track defects, and manage registered issues.
- Develop innovative testing strategies that drive test time reduction, including test automation where possible.