Dive Deep, Think Big, and Make History. This is an opportunity to lead the entire Prime engagement marketing in Japan, including company-wide initiative such as Prime Day.
The Head of Prime Engagement & Deals Event
will be leading company-wide initiatives to maximize customer lifetime value. Her/his primary responsibility is to get Prime members experience broad spectrum of “Prime benefits.” This includes maximizing the number of Prime members who purchase Prime exclusive deals, stream Prime Video/Music, etc. She/he will lead skyrocketing revenue while influencing company’s long term growth. Prime Day is a simple example of driving topline revenue while impacting company's long-term growth by driving engagement of Prime members.
The ideal candidate is a superb negotiator who listens attentively, speak candidly, think deeper than anyone, and take bold actions to deliver history making results. She or he must be able to 1) think big but keep everything simple for customers, 2) earn trust of various stakeholders by rolling up sleeves to get things done, and 3) be able to speak what’s working (or not working) with supporting data. This position manages Deals and Prime Engagement teams and reports to Senior Manager in Japan Prime department.
- Develop strategies for 1) company-wide initiatives such as Prime Day, Cyber Monday as well as 2) Prime benefit adoption, and propose plans/goals to senior executives in English.
- Manage Deals team and work very closely with category leaders and their teams to procure attractive products for deals events.
- Manage Prime Engagement team. Work very closely with the US Prime team as well as benefit partners in Japan (e.g., Prime Video and Music) to run various marketing experiments that drive Prime benefit adoption.
- Plan and implement innovative new tools/products with the US product team or Japan Mobile team.
- Broadcast campaigns and deliver best customer experience with marketing channel managers in Consumer Marketing team as well as POCs from PR, Mass & Brand (TV/OOH), Legal, CS, and Logistics.
- Establish a set of metrics to measure business impact of marketing initiatives. This requires separating metrics into A) output (final results e.g., revenue) and B) input (controllable driver e.g., the number of quality products).
- Partner with Finance and Analytics teams to dive deep into metrics, identify growth drivers or problems, and act on improvement opportunities.
- Learn and share best practices with teams outside of Japan. For example, if the US/EU are achieving great results, you will be responsible for learning and replicating it in Japan. If Japan achieves great results, you will share what worked and why it worked with other locales, so we can scale our business across the globe.
- Hire and develop the best talents for the team. Promote high performers. Influence and motivate all stakeholders with your own words.