Are you a hands-on technical leader who can make a huge impact on a dynamic, fast moving business? Are you equally comfortable digging into business and financial requirements as you are drilling into architecture and design with development teams? Does the idea of launching exciting new payment methods by building technical solutions at scale sound interesting? Then this is the position for you. The Amazon Payment Products business needs a world class Technical Program Manager who designs, drives, launches and owns new Amazon-branded payment methods for our customers across the many geographies where Amazon operates. The qualified candidate will own the technical strategy and platform direction for a new rewards program as well as integrations with partners and ongoing relationships with financial institutions worldwide.
This role requires working closely with businesses across Amazon, the product management team, the payments development team, and key software development teams across the company to define strategy and requirements, and then lead projects through operations design and delivery. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and product strategy. Excellent listening, writing skills and strong technical competency are essential.
The ideal candidate has thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities shift quickly. He or she is a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence.
Qualified candidates have experience defining projects and features, collecting requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating large cross functional projects and schedules, and delivering complex projects with accurate results at high scale.
From a business and technical perspective, this TPM will:
- Have a strong track record of shaping business strategy for technical products or services
- Understand how to design scalable software
- Be conversant with internet technologies
- Communicate effectively with both business and technical partners
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit
- Possess a strong understanding of the Payments industry
Professional traits which are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to earn trust of others
- Strong results orientation