Amazon Go is a new kind of physical store with no lines and no checkout—you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go! Learn more at amazon.com/go.
Amazon is looking for a big-thinking category leader to help guide the Amazon Go perishables business and own the full category P&L’s. As the head of your business, you are both an entrepreneur and an operator. You own defining new selection, building vendor relationships, driving efficiencies into our processes, and producing a best-in-class CX for our customers. You are results oriented, and have thrived and succeeded operating a new business in an environment where priorities shift fast and ambiguity is ever present. You know how to be scrappy but operate as part of a larger team and business. You are a strong leader who is analytical and data-driven, can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, opinionated team. The role requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer, quality and financial focus. This leader will have a strong track record of achieving that balance.
This role presents a significant intellectual, technical, and operational opportunity with enormous business ownership. You must be ready to dive in and lead a category management and in-stock management organization. You will work closely with marketing, operations, and tech leaders to deliver on our goals. You are passionate about customer experience, innovation, and business growth and will evolve the organization along with the business. You lead by example, and are just as passionate about operational performance and predictability as you are about all other aspects of the customer experience. Some of your focus areas will include:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Amazon Go business, its seasonality and customer demographics and behaviors, and continually monitor industry developments.
- Selection strategy – identify unserved, underserved, or overserved selection and create action plans to address.
- P&L optimization and financial planning– own business operational strategy including both financial and operational inputs/outputs, forecasting, monitoring, and reporting. Is accountable for financial projections and the P&L.
- Create and communicate business plans for new opportunities.
- Consistently originate innovative ideas in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives.
- Hire, develop, and lead a best-in-class team.
- Effectively communicate to senior leadership (verbally and in writing) and serve as an escalation point for the team.
- Business Tool development – proactively identify tools required to effectively manage our business as it evolves in partnership with our tech teams.