Want to reinvent TV and delight millions of subscribers? Are you a highly experienced researcher interested in unveiling opportunities to create and improve cutting-edge video services for consumers? We are seeking a leader for user research with experience in helping organizations conceive, validate and optimize content-based subscription services for consumers.
You will be adept at using a variety of lab and field research techniques, possibly with a cognitive psychology background, and be able to incorporate qualitative and quantitative data in order to achieve customer and business goals.
This is a leadership role that requires the ability to influence others therefore we are looking for a strong and vocal user advocate with excellent communication skills. This position will work on overlapping projects, so strong organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task is critical. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of different user research methodologies, with the ability to innovate new approaches when appropriate.
While the role is initially an individual contributor, the intention would be that as categories get ready to launch so you can hire a team to manage the steady state research in those areas.
About Amazon Channels
Amazon Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, delivering hundreds of thousands of titles on-demand from the cloud to mobile devices, computers and internet connected TVs.
Customers can enjoy tens of thousands of titles for free as part of their Prime membership, can buy or rent new releases, and most recently can add monthly subscriptions to specific channels from a collection of over 100 including major networks such as HBO, Showtime and Starz or specialist channels such as Acorn for British TV – all without the need for a cable subscription.
The Amazon Video Platform allows our audience to enjoy this huge library of shows across all their devices including web, mobile and TV (via built-in Amazon Video apps or attached FireTV, Roku, PlayStation or Xbox).
As a Principal User Researcher for the Amazon Channels team you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Amazon Video customer, both existing and potential.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the digital video market segments, and continually assess the competitive landscape and emerging industry trends.
- Partner with key internal stakeholders and external partners to research and define the content and experience opportunities for subscribers
- For subscription services that are green-lit, drive on-going audience research with those services to help drive optimization and growth
- Work cross-functionally with core technology, design, content acquisition, marketing and project management teams to deliver on the research roadmap.