At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound operations, outbound operations or a functional process responsibility within the fulfillment center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
· Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and 100-300 hourly associates in outbound or inbound operations within the Fulfillment Center.
· Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the shift.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
· Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
· Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
· Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
· Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
Additional Job Elements (must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation):
· Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
· Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
· Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
· Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation
· Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
· A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
· Direct management experience for a salaried employee population and its performance
· Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques (how, when, who)
· Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
· Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
· Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
· Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
· 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
· Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon offers competitive packages, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
for more information.