As a member of Amazon’s HR Services team, the Compliance Manager, will support our business through the administration and development of Background Check processes for APAC. The role holder will manage the day-to-day administration of the program, establish robust audit and controls, and develop supporting documentation. The role will manage a team of BGC Specialists. Specific responsibilities will include:
· Control of Background Check Process for APAC region
· Manage team of Background Check Specialists
· Vendor Management – taking the lead but also supporting local HR leads / teams. This is in an advisory capability not strategic decision making and the role holder will not have a contract agreement remit.
· Deliver regional and local reports as required both quantitative and qualitative (eg Compliance reports) on a pre-determined schedule.
· Maintain a framework with regard to operational risks actioning internal checks / audits and reporting against these and escalating as required. Working closely with the global lead as required.
· Monitor and report against agreed SLAs and KPIs, providing root cause analysis and remediation where these are not hit
· Support policy development and draft supporting documentation such as communications, FAQs, process documentation, and other related written work
· Oversee program implementation efforts; train HR staff on tools, programs, and policy
· Identify areas for improvement and take ownership of implementing changes
· Respond to questions from and troubleshoot process issues experienced by employees, managers, and HR
· Conduct on-site and virtual compliance audits, produce audit reports detailing methodology, results, and remediation plans
· Manage new compliance projects as needs arise
The ideal candidate is highly organized, works effectively with internal and external contacts, has the ability to shift gears at a moment's notice and enjoys the challenges of developing and improving processes in a dynamic organization. The successful candidate will also have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, superior attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must also possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills, along with a customer service focus.