Are you excited by the opportunity of helping thousands of companies connect with their customers? At owning the architectural and implementation strategy of multiple AWS Services? At operating at scale and scaling operations? The AWS Messaging and Targeting team is looking for a Principal Engineer to lead the evolution of its Email, Mobile Push Notification and SMS and Mobile Analytics services.
In this role, you’ll define and drive architectural innovation of existing services and new services built to deliver greater value, simplicity and ingenuity to AWS customers. You’ll think beyond single service needs and think about how to reduce operational complexity and up-level the SDE population for an entire family of services benefiting both developer and marketing customers.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving next generation service design, working closely with all service teams to leverage proven design patterns and existing services (internal and AWS) to reduce existing complexity, duplication and cost.
- Influence at all levels – from business strategy down to implementation. You will own direct technical contributions for some areas and in others you will influence and direct at the architectural level.
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work across all teams to benefit from these new technologies.
- Raise Operational awareness and best practices across all engineering teams.
- Lead by example, demonstrating technical excellence that other engineers aspire to follow. Taking time to mentor and develop members of each team.
You must be able to work with a minimum of technical supervision, engaging engineering teams across the organization to deliver results, while responding efficiently to multiple program priorities. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to analyze the latest technologies and development trends, establishing and implementing standard practices for the organizations engineering teams.
By joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com