Would you like to lead a cross-functional team focused on engaging directly with C-level executives, IT professionals and influencers at all levels to help assess and understand the business value, ROI and financial benefits of running workloads on AWS? Can you take complex IT workloads and cost models scenarios and simplify them down to the essentials, that are easy for sales managers and reps to understand and apply? Are you good at defining and quantifying business value, benefits and migration costs of improved processes and tooling? Do you have the business background, sales experience, analytical skills and communication skills needed to help further establish Amazon as the leader in cloud computing?
As the lead of the AWS Cloud Economics team, you will lead a high performing team to help AWS customers and prospective customers shape their information technology strategies and business models to quantify the benefits of running workloads on AWS. To do this, you will work with senior executives at AWS and our customers to set the overall team's strategy. This includes working with CFOs and senior financial executives at some of our largest customers to communicate the economic value proposition for AWS. You will work with AWS Sales management to help the broad AWS field organization understand how to build the increased business value of AWS into their account plans and sales strategy. You lead a team that serves as focal point for all business value, business case, TCO and financial discussions with our customers. Your team will help customers understand how cost effectiveness coupled with commercial flexibility is key to the AWS value proposition.
Your responsibilities will include managing a team driving business case, value analysis, financial discussions and Cost Optimization related BD activities across AWS, supporting the sales, marketing, BD and product teams on. You will serve as an expert resource on the financial modeling of IT applications and infrastructures, and the financial implications and benefits of migrating to AWS. You will manage a team of high performing Cloud Economics and Cost Optimization Business Development Managers to deliver custom analysis to our customers. In appropriate cases you will bring in other AWS resources to help our customers properly evaluate their IT options from an economic perspective.
The ideal candidate will possess a business, finance and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of the enterprise. The candidate will have the technical depth, business experience and financial understanding to easily communicate the economic benefits of cloud computing to C-Level, specifically the CFO. The candidate will have familiarity with the sales process, and how injecting business value and economic discussions can help drive/accelerate the sales cycle. The candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, with quantifying and developing business cases to justify large scale technology investments, including creating detailed cost models for these environments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Business Development management team
- Work with AWS Sales, Solutions Architects and BD teams to drive proactive of business value and financial conversations with our customers
- Manage teams of Cloud Economics and Cost Optimization BDMs to deliver customer engagements and thought leadership and sales strategies
- Serve as a central resource for Sales leadership to help our customers create appropriately detailed financial models and optimization analysis for their current and future IT landscape.
- Serve as a key source of market insights into how our customers view the economic benefit of using AWS relative to deploying applications on-premise or in traditional data centers
- Work with internal stakeholders (Sales, Marketing, Product teams) to communicate market realities regarding the economics of running IT applications and infrastructures in the cloud.
- Prepare and present business reviews to the senior Sales and BD management teams regarding progress and roadblocks on cloud economics related issues