At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of packages each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world. Amazon is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to help lead and oversee critical functions within this rapidly growing organization.
This Senior Financial Analyst will be primarily responsible for business partnering, decision support, financial modeling, controllership and operations cost reduction. This person will partner with multiple stakeholders to provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial leadership to this high-growth organization. This role requires extensive cross-functional partnership with various retail, transportation, and finance teams to identify best practices across the network and lead cost improvement efforts for operations. The Senior Financial Analyst will also lead variance analysis for monthly/quarterly business reviews as well as execute ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed.
• Expertise in collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful analyses to lead business improvement and cost reductions
• Develop and maintain key reporting metrics
• Identify and develop key business opportunities and drive efficiency while balancing customer promise
• Partner across Operations and Retail to drive continuous improvement in financial and operational performance
• Lead the annual operational planning process and development of the three year strategic plan. Drive variance analysis against budgets for the network, identify risks and opportunities
• Partner with Retail, IT, Fulfillment teams to drive cost out and optimal cross functional decisions that maximize Amazon's long term free cash flow
• Ensure timely and accurate metrics and forecasts are created and maintained