Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Managed Services team you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies, interacting with the full breadth of AWS services.
AWS Managed Services is designed to accelerate cloud adoption, it simplifies deployment, migration, and management using automation and machine learning, backed up by a dedicated team of Amazon employees. AWS Managed Services provides ongoing management of the AWS infrastructure. It automates common activities such as change requests, monitoring, patch management, security, and backup services, and provides full-lifecycle services to provision, run, and support your infrastructure.
We are looking for Operations Engineers to join our Managed Services team based in downtown Seattle Washington. This is an opportunity to join a world class team that is at the forefront of enhancing customer’s cloud support experience. Let’s talk about you…
So, how’s your OS and networking skills? Do you have expertise in one or more of these areas? Are you able to dive deep into ambiguous and undocumented technical issues, delivering a fix and accompanying process or improvements to your team? Do you thrive in environments where your passion and interests enable you to understand the low-level details of the services and tools you use? Do you naturally become a helpful resource amongst your peers – an individual that can be counted on to provide guidance and mentoring? Are you getting excited after reading this? We have Good news! We're building out a team of engineers with depth and experience across multiple technical domains, and you should be part of it. Come join us -- we Work Hard, Have Fun and Make History! Your life at AWS
As a member of Managed Service team, you will be working with our amazing Operation Engineers, Database Engineers and Network Engineers to dive in and tackle the hardest technical challenges. You will excel in an agile environment while collaborating with some of the smartest people in the industry, who gets excited about owning critical infrastructure services that serve global enterprise-scale customers every second of the day! Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
- Operate the Managed Service platform and collaborate with internal service teams to meet our customers' individual needs for their infrastructure and application deployments.
- Troubleshoot complex infrastructure deployments, recreate customer issues, and build proof of concept environments that abide by cloud-best-practices. Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers' individual needs.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services.
- Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Identify and drive improvements to process and technical related issues. Act as an escalation point and/or mentor to those your junior.
- Leverage your day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Learn and leverage groundbreaking technologies.