Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
We are seeking an experienced Partner Effectiveness Leader to enable our partner development manager by defining productivity, land and execute against our Partner Enablement strategic priorities. This role will be responsible for ensuring high productivity of our partner development selling teams from the initial onboarding of new reps through to continuous education of reps across our portfolio of offerings and solutions. The Partner Effectiveness Leader will be responsible for ensuring the field sales and their support partner organization is well-equipped with the content, training, knowledge of available resources, and core curriculum necessary to effectively sell AWS’s current and new service offerings. The successful candidate will combine a solid understanding of sales and support role dynamics with the ability to map field requirements and corporate resources into a comprehensive partner enablement plan. This individual will work very closely with team leader for each area. The ideal candidate would have several years in Field Sales, Partner or Non-Sales Training and/or Technical Enablement and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, Solution Architects along with your core team - the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves” and get things done. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform detailed needs assessments in coordination with the Sales Leadership, Marketing, Services, Business Development, Solutions Architects, Professional Services, along with of course the Partner team and Operations. Translate business needs into a field enablement plan for each field leader.
- Create, develop, manage, and lead the successful execution of the cross-functional sales enablement programs in conjunction with Sales Leadership, Product Management, Field Marketing, and HR.
- Plan enablement activities, including but not limited to: new hire training and on-boarding, weekly sales training, sales skills, tools training and landing of new solutions.
- Assist in the development of the master plan and calendar for sales enablement activities throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain an effective governance process focused on providing timely and targeted content for sales enablement and continuously improving the field knowledge transfer and learning needs.
- Design and implement metrics to measure training programs and impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility. Measure and report on the effectiveness of sales enablement investments.
- Review and manage the existing content library to determine opportunities to improve the learning experience, ensure the content is current and relevant and best technology is employed.