Amazon FreeTime brings together books, videos, games, and educational apps that kids and parents love. Our best-in-class parental controls and age-appropriate content provide peace of mind for parents. Thousands of the most popular titles create a world of fun for kids. We have gained critical acclaim and won the prestigious KAPi award for best hardware and service at CES. Our products have built a loyal customer base, and we are constantly innovating to create the best kids products around.
The Amazon Kids and Family team is looking for a seasoned, innovative leader to develop new products for kids and families. Working for the Amazon Kids and Family team offers a creative, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial work environment where you will be at the center of Amazon innovation for kids and families.
In this role, you will own both the strategy and execution for new products related to but separate from Amazon FreeTime. You will define the long-term vision for the program and gain support for that vision and associated goals from Amazon’s highest level of leadership. You will partner with our existing Kids and Family team as well as other parts of Amazon to create cutting edge products and drive awareness, interest, and growth of these products.
The ideal candidate will have successfully led multiple, major, worldwide, technology-enabled businesses. You should have strong familiarity with digital and retail environments and, ideally, knowledge of at least one industry focused on kids. You should be comfortable leading large product and engineering projects in a fast paced and fluid business environment. You should be customer obsessed, data hungry, and comfortable advocating for your plans and explaining business results to our company’s most senior executives. Perhaps most importantly, you should have a passion for technology and delighting customers around the globe with new and innovative products and services.
- Define the vision, strategy, and goals for new products for kids and families
- Lead and develop large, cross-functional teams consisting of product, design, engineering, and operations
- Drive program execution in support of the team’s strategic, financial, and operational goals
- Partner with the business development, retail, and other internal teams to drive program launch and adoption
- Partner with the consumer marketing teams to drive consumer and developer awareness, interest, and trial