The Senior Technical Talent (SWAT) Team is a small start-up team, within Amazon’s Executive Staffing Organization, in the midst of a scale-out effort. The Team hires Principal, Senior Principal, and Distinguished Engineers – the Company's most senior technical contributors. Members of Amazon's Principal Community are exemplary practitioners and pragmatic visionaries. Our Principal Engineers set the standard for engineering excellence across Amazon. SWAT has a global mandate and places talent across all major Business Units at the Company – including AWS, Alexa, Kindle, eCommerce Platform, Fulfillment & Operations and all of Retail.
SWAT is seeking a Senior Research and Candidate Development Recruiter to join the team.
The Senior Researcher will take the lead in kicking off new roles opened by Leaders across the Company - setting and executing against search strategy, engaging and assessing world class technical talent, and match making candidates into the right roles across Amazon.
Specific responsibilities include but, aren’t limited to:
- Mapping, classifying and segmenting technical market segments.
- Generating prospect names and profiles; developing a robust, multi-channel, search strategy that will attract world class technical contributors.
- Driving candidate engagement and assessment – sustain relationships with prospects and building bridges for prospects with top technical peers internally.
- Leading as a technical talent acquisition subject matter expert across several computing disciplines or practice areas – ranging from Software and Hardware to Security and Systems ecosystems.
- Acting as a talent adviser to Technical and Business Leaders across Amazon – educating Hiring Managers about the external Principal Engineer demographic and the status and progress against open searches. Provide strategic guidance and become an advisor to executive leadership in matters related to top technical talent.