As a Senior Optical Engineer, you will engage with an experienced inter-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products where optics play a central role. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team to drive key aspects of optics definition, execution, test and delivery. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future.You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. To be successful you need to be highly motivated and detail oriented while delivering to the highest standards.
- Serve as the technical lead for optical system and components through the entire product life cycle, from developing roadmap through design to mass-production support
- Use software tools (LightTools, Zemax etc.) to model system optics characteristics
- Work with cross-functional team to draft component specification, design reviews, work with vendors to manufacture parts and validate results by specifying test parameters and methodologies
- Manage the technical relationship with optics vendors to deliver new optical components to the required specification and schedule
- Perform hands-on bring-up, testing and troubleshooting of optics and associated control electronics
- Function as a subject matter expert on optics technology by providing up-to-date, accurate information to colleagues and management