The Amazon Appstore business is a platform that drives innovation in the mobile apps and games ecosystem. We will not settle for the status-quo and believe that consumers and developers deserve more from the current app stores in the market. Our team is looking for a Principal Product Manager that wants to move fast and make a big impact by working closely with our Data Science, Engineering, and Business teams to realize our vision.
As a Principal Product Manager of Analytics you will be a leader withing the Appstore Business Operations and Analytics organization. Our organization provides the big data platform, tools, intelligence, and advanced analytics to support the Amazon Appstore. You will work directly with our Sr. Data Scientist, Statisticians, and BI Analysts to create business value out of our data. You will accomplish this by understanding our marketplace dynamics in order to determine where we should invest in model development and then define the requirements for that development. There are always too many areas to explore so you will identify the "right" research questions and problems to solve. You will engage with other Amazon businesses to understand what they do and how we can leverage what they have learned. You will partner with your data science and engineering team to design and iterate in order to develop a successful product which can be deployed to the business. Once built, your scope includes evangelism for your products within Appstore and across other Amazon teams. You will be measured by your ability to both deliver compelling analytical output and the direct impact they have on the customer and business.
· Be an expert for quantitative analysis, research, and development for the Appstore business
· Work directly with our data science and analytics resources to review and/or author the published research we will deliver to our stakeholders
· Leverage your understanding of the business and its goals to develop a clear roadmap for our data science team; manage that roadmap and ensure its delivery
· Develop detailed, crisp requirements and user stories that can be used to by our data science team to create the right models and outputs to support our business
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair our ability to meet strategic, business, and team goals
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience and investment costs
· Create buy-in for our data, our insights, and the analytics or attributes we build from them across internal and external stakeholders; drive post launch adoption and education
· Work closely with peers and leaders in every facet of the organization including product, engineering, user experience, marketing, business development, finance, customer support, and operations
· Work closely with Appstore international business teams in Europe and Asia, as well as our engineering resources in India
· Build relationships across Amazons science teams, particular the Economists and Research Science communities who partner closely with our data science scope