Where will Amazon’s growth come from in a year? In five? Which product lines are staged to quintuple in size, and which ones are mature? Are we investing enough in our infrastructure, or too much? How will our customers react to changes in prices, product selection and delivery speed?
These are among the most important questions at Amazon today. The Topline Forecast team in the Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) group is looking for innovative, passionate and results-oriented Economists to answer these questions. You will have an opportunity to own the long-run outlook for Amazon’s global consumer business and shape strategic decisions at the highest level. The successful candidate will be able to formalize problem definitions from ambiguous requirements, build econometrics models using Amazon’s world-class data systems, and develop cutting-edge solutions for non-standard problems.
Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) owns Amazon’s global inventory planning systems: we decide what, when, where, and how much we should buy to meet Amazon’s business goals and to make our customers happy. We do this for millions of items, for hundreds of product lines worth billions of dollars of inventory world-wide. Our systems are built entirely in-house, and are on the forefront of automated large scale supply chain planning and optimization systems. Key Responsibilities
- Develop new econometric models or improve existing approaches using scalable techniques
- Extract data for analysis and model development from large, complex datasets
- Closely work with engineering teams to build scalable, efficient systems that implement prototypes in production
- Apply economic theory to solve business problems in a fast moving environment
- Distill problem definitions from informal business requirements and communicate technical solutions to senior business leaders
- Drive innovation and best practices in applied research across the Amazon research science community
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation