Passionate about the No-SQL movement? Want to spearhead it? Come and join the Amazon DynamoDB team! We are doing ground breaking work in the distributed systems area related to latency, scalability, availability and durability.
DynamoDB has recently celebrated its fourth birthday but it’s still Day One here. DynamoDB is looking for an experienced technical leader to take DynamoDB to the next level of feature-completeness, scale, operational excellence, and profitability.
In this role, you will hire and lead a database software development team responsible for designing, implementing and running new services under the DynamoDB umbrella as well lead engineering and architectural efforts aimed at meeting our instantiable customer demand. You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these database services. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will manage and be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scalable systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed database technology and have a significant bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
This position within the Database Services team represents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong business acumen and judgment, ability to define visionary, ground breaking products, ability to hire and lead a team, desire to have an industry wide impact and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to rapidly deliver services that have a broad business impact.Position Responsibilities:
- Hire, mentor and lead a database software development team.
- Lead design, implementation, and deployment of successful highly distributed, large scale services.
- Responsible for identifying, commissioning and leading work on most complex, large-scale systems that have a major impact on the entire company.
- Serve as a lead on demanding, multi-team, cross-functional projects.
- Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Play a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term technical and business strategy and goals.
- Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
- Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
- Maintain a current understanding of industry and technology trends.
- Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.