Amazon is growing like crazy! In the US alone, we have a goal to hire 100,000 new employees by the middle of 2018 and the hiring doesn’t stop there. To achieve such a high rate of growth at Amazon scale, Amazon’s People Technology team is investing in building new BI and reporting systems to provide insights and metrics to leaders, recruiters, and analysts about their teams at every stage of the employee life cycle.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager who can own the reporting platform program and drive product definition, process improvement, and execution for our team. Successful candidates will strive to clarify in an ambiguous environment, work with end users, stakeholders, system owners, and communicate clearly and concisely. Also, a successful TPM will understand the underlying technologies and system architecture, spot risks, and drive simplification where possible. A TPM will create, improve, and simplify processes, negotiate resources and priorities, and unblock the team so that we can delivery predictably.
You need to:
· manage communication with business owners, stakeholders, and technical teams,
· work with engineers and leaders to set technical direction,
· oversee high-level process and software design,
· coordinate projects and resources,
· report on project progress and status,
· report on project and program metrics,
· assist in preparing and reporting the annual roadmap and periodically amending the roadmap projects to meet changing business needs.