Do you like Voice activated devices like the Amazon Echo? Would you like to help us innovate on behalf of Digital and Device customers? We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains and we are inventing the future where customer service is fully self serviceable using new and innovative channels like Alexa.
Amazon’s mission is to be ‘Earth’s most customer-centric company’. We have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology, e-readers that have revolutionized reading, Fire TV, a powerful way to watch the best movies and TV shows in the comfort of your living room and Echo, our latest cutting edge product.
The Digital and Device Customer Service (aka. D2CS) organization combines both, our goal is to provide the best customer experience and support to our devices and digital applications. The D2CS Technology team owns cloud based applications and backend services that helps us focus on innovating on behalf of our customers. As a member of this team, you will be working on Web applications, Android applications, and the backend services that help solve customer problems. Members of this team have a high degree of fluency in one or more languages and tools and work with an unwavering focus on simplicity and performance. As a Software Development Engineer, you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day by people you know.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals who have experience building innovative, mission critical and high volume applications.
Work hard, Have fun, and Make History. Key Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for sub-system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
- Work side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on challenging problems
- Have experience working in mobile applications on consumer electronics products
- Be highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities.
- Take great pride to innovate on new products that are used by millions of users
- Understand what's important when releasing software to end users and have been through the process from start to finish
- Be comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shy away from a challenge.