Amazon Connections is an innovative program that gives Amazonians an effective way to share feedback and help shape the future of the company. By leveraging machine learning and employee data, our systems create a continuous feedback mechanism to raise the bar on leadership and introduce positive changes in the workplace. Our goal is to help develop leaders who earn trust, remove barriers to excellence and make Amazon an inspiring place to work.
The Connections Personalization Modeling team at Amazon.com is an applied research team, a combination of highly skilled engineers and scientist, who are working on the next generation of recommendations to improve our workplace and develop our people. We experiment rapidly using the latest machine learning techniques such as Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs), Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs) and Matrix Factorization. We work with Machine Learning experts across Amazon to deliver the best possible recommendations, leveraging Amazon’s vast computing resources (AWS) and data. We deal with large amounts of training data, rapid prototyping, offline/online testing and high-performance requirements.
- Analyze and extract relevant information from large amounts of Amazon's data to help automate and optimize key features and processes.
- Work closely with software engineering teams to drive new feature creation
- Work closely with stakeholders to optimize various business operations
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Track general business activity and provide clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- Research and implement novel statistical approaches