Our mission in Transaction Risk Management Services ("TRMS") is to make Amazon the safest and most trusted place on Earth by protecting the innocent and deterring the ill-intentioned
Amazon is seeking dedicated, hardworking, analytical candidates with a proven track record of performance and results-oriented thinking, to join the Transaction Risk Management Team in Seattle. Candidates will be responsible for a wide range of duties related to the investigation and elimination of online ecommerce risk. All candidates will be analytical and capable of succeeding in a fast-paced team environment.
This role is responsible for overseeing multiple Seattle based Investigations Teams. The manager also influences our worldwide operation by driving global initiatives to achieve tactical and strategic goals. This is a critical role to ensure that Amazon is able to detect and prevent fraudulent and high-risk transactions, while also protecting the customer experience for legitimate customers.
You should thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changes. You will be expected to balance strategic thinking with detailed execution and solid cross-functional collaborative results-oriented work. Success for a team such as ours is can be viewed in terms of the positive change we drive, and the quality of actionable data we provide to our customers.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. You should have excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define solutions. This position involves regular communication with senior management on project status and risks. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
· The successful candidate will set the vision, direction and culture of their teams by managing individual and team performance expectations and goals.
· Manage a team of front line managers and oversee a team size of 40-50 employees.
· Achieve operational excellence and process improvement in our service level agreements (SLAs) for all processing activities.
· Work with software engineers to clearly articulate feature requirements for investigator toolsets, user interfaces, and business logic for the efficient handling of claims, disputes, and appeals.
· Develop employees and their skill sets to expand the team capabilities and provide growth opportunities for future Amazon leaders.
· Analyze the key levers of the business to identify claim and bad debt trends and proactively take action to eliminate root cause defects.
· Create and maintain clear metrics on our investigation handling, performance, and decision quality.
· Drive continuous enhancements to the functionality and processes of the TRMS Operations team; these take the form of driving innovation through various channels - Kaizen, software requirements gathering and definition, world-wide project management, metrics definition, data structure improvements, etc.
· The manager's success will be measured by their ability to drive operational efficiency across all processing areas while improving customer experience.