t is an exciting time to be part of Amazon’s growing Finance Technology team. ERP systems, Business Intelligence, and other new Amazon designed FinTech systems are critical to the current and future success of our new and emerging businesses.
Amazon’s Finance Technology EPM Team is seeking a seasoned Program Management professional to lead operational initiatives and facilitate cross-functional collaboration between various internal business units and support/delivery organizations. This role will heavily utilize business and operations analytics tools to identify key opportunities for efficiency gains and long-term problem resolution. This role will work closely with Support Operations Managers to implement changes critical to the continuous improvement of Amazon’s FinTech systems and support processes. You will use your technical and business acumen, working with global stakeholders to identify, define, and deliver scalable solutions that enable Amazon’s businesses.
Responsibilities include -
- Leading operational excellence initiatives
- Leading new product implementations
- Identifying new improvement opportunities by continuously 'diving deep' in support processes and leveraging your technical expertise. Prioritizing and creating business cases for improvement opportunities
- Anchoring critical support process like period close, and system controls by defining and monitoring execution plans.
- Monitoring and reporting operational metrics
- Interact with project sponsors, project stakeholders and multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver project scope
- Drive programs to completion across multiple organizations and teams
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade offs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Plan and manage multiple parallel projects
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner
- Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have Amazon's success firmly in your focus
- Drive technical teams to long term, scalable solutions
- Translate business requirements into technical specs