Imagine speaking a command to a machine to get useful information easily. Imagine with this ease, you can focus your time doing more important things in your life. Now imagine building such a thing.
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
Interested in Amazon Echo and Alexa? We’ve already added dozens of new capabilities to Alexa since launch, including Pandora, Google Calendar, Audible, sports scores and schedules, and more. But it’s still day 1 – you can be part of the team that makes Alexa smarter by creating new skills and capabilities.
We are looking for talented experienced Software Developer in Test (SDET) to help define the way we build and validate our products and features. The person will be responsible to show the magic of automations to ensure we are building the right product and we are building it right.
This is a mid/senior SDET role which is highly visible and impactful. The person will work with our architects to not only design and build the system but provide the governance and guidance to ensure we build it correct and we build it great. We believe in Engineering Excellence and therefore do not build technical debts. The person will play the role of a leader and articulate the right leadership principles at right time - https://www.amazon.jobs/principles Responsibilities
- Design and develop our automation framework which can run use-cases, scenarios and situations end to end
- Drive test planning and strategy across several unit development teams for a concise and unified game plan of product validation
- Build and ensure our code artifactories are building in Continuous Integration (CI) fashion and we soon realize our dream of Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Work with individual unit teams to ensure the Test strategy is realized and implemented
- Partner with our business drivers to help analyze our current data to build usage models for the future which will become the backbone of our test planning and strategy.
- Contribute streamlined automated data for our engineering dashboards to make our data do the talk.